How Clean Are Your Makeup Brushes?
When it comes to makeup and skincare hygiene is vitally important. Being aware of this can make a big difference to your skin's health.
Sometimes it's great to get a little reminder about hygiene in regards to the storage and cleansing of our personal skin care and accessories. Here are a few tips you might find useful for both your skincare and makeup;
- Keep in a cool place away from heat and light - no window ledges or in cars
- No double dipping - fingers in jars and containers can cause cross contamination and bacteria
- Cleansers and exfoliants - store on vanity unit not in shower recess. Water can enter the bottles and this will cause the growth of bacteria
- Makeup brushes - wash regularly, every 2 weeks. Use shampoo and rinse well. Air dry. (Makeup brushes can carry bacteria and affect your skins appearance and ultimately your skin's health if not cleaned regularly)
- Mascara - the industry recommendation is to replace every 3 - 6 months. Don't share with others.
N.B - Oils particularly, do not keep well in hot conditions (over 30 deg). If you live in a very hot climate, refrigerate.
Follow these simple tips and your skin will thank you for it!