Even Cleopatra Would Love Mismo Mineral Makeup
Mineral makeup is from ancient times possibly as far back as 3000 BC, minerals where taken from the earth, pulverised with a pumice stone and ground down into fine particles, they where then used for skin decoration. Back then they’d never heard of chemicals, fillers or nasty parabens. Only raw natural ingredients were available and they certainly used them.
In the 1970’s mineral makeup made its come back and now has been around for years, Mineral makeup - this decades “buzz” word is everywhere you go right now, supermarkets, big department stores, pharmacies and the like. As we move through this age we are becoming more health conscious and we are questioning what we are putting in and on our bodies. It can be very confusing as to which brand to buy and then you have to wrap your brain around the ingredient list.
Mineral makeup is available as loose powder, pressed powder in compacts and liquid. The most pure form is always loose powder.
When choosing a mineral makeup it’s not necessarily what’s in the makeup that’s important, but it’s deciphering what’s not in the makeup. You’ll want to know what nasties are included in your little pot of joy and even when you read the words are you up with the scientific lingo.
What to watch for are ingredients such as:
-Talc, known to clog pores
-Bismuth-Oxychloride (a known irritant that causes acne and makes skin itch)
-Parabens used as preservatives. The trouble with parabens is there is a definite causal link to some cancers, definitely one to avoid
-Mineral oil a petrochemical made from crude oil, dyes and artificial fragrance
Mismo Mineral Makeup has been researched with the intention of offering a product that’s safe to use and one we can feel proud of. Containing a list of natural ingredients it’s a true pure product and has many benefits:
Here’s a list of our ingredients and how they help your skin:
- -Kaolin clay – known as china clay and is great for sun protection, absorbs fats from the skin, refines pores and help clear up breakouts.
- -Magnesium Myristate – An earth mineral with disinfecting properties and supports the inter-cellular matrix (holds skin together to keep bacteria out and moisture in) aids slip and adhesion.
- -Titanium Dioxide – A UVA & UVB ray blocker and great for sensitive and rosacea effected skin types, makes makeup water resistant.
- -Zinc Oxide - Another sunscreen that calms irritation, great for healing.
- -Iron Oxide – Natural and safe to use colours, and there are heaps of them.
- Serecites – Aids adhesion and shine which reduces the appearance of fine lines
MiSMo doesn’t contain mineral oils that are disastrous for acne prone skins and there are no nasty side effects because this mineral make up doesn’t contain any chemicals or preservatives.
Mineral makeup is so versatile and can be applied dry with a brush – best for oiler complexions or mixed with our ACE serum to create an oil based formulation suitable for dry skins or mixed with one of our moisturisers for a lovely creamy consistency that glides over your skin for a dewy look.
It’s all possible you can feel marvellous while looking after your skin and not to mention you’ll look sharp doing it.
Before & After – Amazing Coverage of Scars & Pigmentation
View Our Complete Range